I used Alvin Quah’s recipe, but used a couple less chillies as I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to spice.
- 6 medium green chillies, roughly chopped
- 4 spring onions/shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 coriander roots
- 2 stalks lemon grass, white part only
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2-4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 20g oil
- Place all ingredients into the TM bowl and mince for 30 seconds on speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat of necessary. If paste is too dry, add a little extra oil.
- Store in airtight jar in fridge until use.
You can see Alvin making the paste too. Along with his kangaroo green curry. You could substitute kangaroo for chicken. Check it out !
I’m going to make a green chicken curry with the paste and will post the recipe when I’m done. Also considering green chicken curry pies with spelt pastry. Yum 🙂