This recipe is great for your meat + veg meals. Cook your potatoes in the bowl whilst steaming your veg in the Varoma. Easy!
You can use any vegetables that you like of course.
I like this mashed potato recipe because it’s simple (and the way I made it before I had my Thermie) – potatoes, bit of butter, splash of milk and seasoning… I would then holla out to hubby to mash if he was around, but if not, well we were going to eat a lumpy mash. But not anymore! Silky smooth mash in 30 seconds flat.
The mash recipe in the Everyday Cookbook (EDC) is super tasty but it cooks in milk rather than water and includes both butter and Parmesan cheese… I reserve it for special occasions!
I love to use sweet potato. If you use white potato, make sure it’s a good mashing variety – the purple or pink skinned ones work well.
This recipe is from the Recipe Community:
3 carrots, large
frozen peas and corn
– cut potato into small pieces and place into simmering basket
– cut carrots into thin sticks and place in varoma
– cut pumpkin into medium size pieces and place on varoma tray
– put frozen peas and corn on varoma tray
– fill bowl with 1000ml water (preboil in kettle to save time – will shorten
– put steaming basket containing potato into bowl
– place lid on and shut
– place the varoma including tray on top
– cook vegetables on varoma temperature, 20 minutes speed 3 (cooking time will vary on amount and size of vegetables – test with a skewer and adjust
– remove varoma – these vegetables are ready to serve or keep warm in
– remove simmering basket with potato
– pour water out of TM bowl
– transfer the cooked potato to the TM bowl
– insert butterfly
– add butter and dash of milk
– mash for 20-30 seconds on speed 3-4
This is general recipe for “meat ‘n’ veg” meal – can use many different
types of vegetables.
refer to EDC page 83 for mash potato tips