Cauliflower and butternut pumpkin are full of cartenoids and so make a great cancer prevention/fighting duo. Cauliflower is also full of antioxidants, fiber and B vitamins, including folic acid. Butternut pumpkin is fantastic for digestion and provides a good dose of vitamins A and C, potassium and magnesium.
The little bit of spice gives it a nice kick too. My toddler enjoyed this which made me happy as it gets his little taste buds acquainted with spicy flavours.
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20g of coconut oil (or butter)
- 1.5 teaspoon of green curry paste (or any paste that you have handy)
- 600g pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 400g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Thermomix Vegetable Stock Concentrate
- 500g of water
- Place onion in Thermie bowl and chop 5sec/speed 7.
- Add coconut oil and curry paste. Cook 3min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add vege stock and water. Cook 20min/100deg/speed 2.
- Blend for 1min/speed 9 (taking care to gradually increase speed).
- Serve with cracked pepper and dash of salt if desired.