Eating breakfast on-the-go is part of my work day routine and I managed to make a huge mess with my cup of oats and milk the other day! Time for something a little more practical… Don’t worry, these aren’t loaded with sugar either – just a bit of honey and the sweetness from the fruit is all we need.
- 220g rolled oats
- 125g wholemeal spelt flour
- 25g linseeds
- 80g sultanas or raisins
- 80g natural yoghurt
- 55g oil such as olive, rice bran or macadamia
- 80g honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 apples
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees (fan-forced).
- Core 1 apple and quarter. Place into Thermie bowl and chop 5sec/speed5. Set aside.
- Place linseeds into a clean, dry bowl and mill 10sec/speed9. Scrape sides of bowl and repeat.
- Add oats, sultanas/raisins, yoghurt, oil, honey, baking powder, cinnamon and eggs. Mix on reverse, 10sec/sp 3.
- Leave to soak for 10 minutes in bowl to allow oats to soften.
- Add grated apple and spelt flour to mix and mix 10 sec/interval (kneading) speed.
- Spoon into muffin tin with lined muffin cups.
- Sprinkle with oats, place into oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut remaining apple into thin slices and place a slice of apple on top of each muffin.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until muffin is cooked through.
- Remove from oven.
- Lightly brush the apple on top with a little bit of honey.
For gluten-free, substitute the oats for rolled quinoa and the spelt flour for almond meal.
Inspired by The Healthy Chef – Teresa Cutter