The thing I make most is cashew milk. Because it’s so creamy it makes it easier to do the switcheroo from dairy milk.
I also like that because cashews blend so well you don’t have to fuss about with straining as per almond milk.
Here’s what you do:
- Soak 1 cup (140g) of cashews in filtered water for minimum 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Drain cashews and rinse with water until it runs clear.
- Place cashews and 500g of filtered water into the Thermie bowl.
- Blend for 2 mins/speed 9 (slowly increasing speed to begin with).
- Add another 500g of filtered water and blend for a further 1 min/speed 9.
If you like, you can add a dash of vanilla extract or sweetener such as honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar.
The milk should keep for 3 to 5 days in the fridge.