There’s nothing artificial in this little baby. Sweet strawberries, banana, oats, milk and the goodness of flax meal and chia seeds to get your day off to a great start.
- 300g of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 frozen banana (if you don’t have either fruit in frozen form, add a bit of ice to the mix)
- 230g of water
- 230g of milk (I used cashew milk)
- 40g of oats
- Teaspoon of flax meal
- Teaspoon of coconut nectar or honey (optional)
- Teaspoon of chia seeds to sprinkle on top
- Throw everything into the Thermie bowl (except chia seeds).
- Blend 1 min/speed 9.
- Sprinkle chia seeds on top.
My 1 year old drank his portion and was fighting me for mine!
Green smoothies are a super easy way to get some greens into me and my little boy (with a helping hand from my Thermie!)
One of my favourite combinations at the moment is:
Berry creamy choc delight
- Bunch of kale (stems removed)
- Handful of lettuce leaves
- 2 handfuls of frozen berries (e.g. blueberries or mixed berries – I buy the Omaha ones from Woolworths, or Frozberries from health shops)
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- Cup of coconut water (or more water if you like it thinner)
Blend on speed 9 for about a minute. Pour into glass and sprinkle with chia seeds. Creamy, chocolatey, berry goodness! So filling too.
Simply green smoothie
This is a really basic recipe but it’s very tasty! You could also use it as a base for experimentation.
- Bunch of kale (stems removed) or spinach
- 1 pear
- 1 banana
- 400-800ml of water
Blend on speed 9 for about a minute. Pour into glass and enjoy!
I will add more recipes as I get to them 🙂