Lately, the cravings have been a bit out of control so it’s time to make my go-to raw brownie mix to curb the darn things.
These are dead simple and mixed in 10 seconds flat.
Raw cacao is full of antioxidants, iron and magnesium. Definitely hit the spot with far less guilt!
Makes 12 balls.
- 150g of raw cashews
- 20g of pistachios, walnuts, almonds or pecans (whatever you have handy!)
- 30g of raw cacao
- 5g of coconut oil (about half a tablespoon)
- 25g of coconut nectar (or honey or maple syrup), or a couple of dates if you prefer
- Desiccated coconut for coating
- Place nuts, cacao and coconut oil into bowl. Process 5 sec/speed 7.
- Add a splash of water and sweetener (if you’re using dates, process them in step 1)
- Mix for 5 sec/speed 3. Now it’s time to taste the mix to see if it’s sweet enough to your liking. If not, add more sweetener.
- Roll into small balls and then coat in desiccated coconut.
Simply yum. Place in the fridge and enjoy one (or two!) when the chocolate craving hits. Works for me…